Derailed - Reading Slump

So somehow my reading mojo slipped. I know I am not the only one who gets super into a lot of books and then one book derails the whole process and you find yourself struggling to get back into the habit of daily reading. 
I am never really without a book but I managed to pick the wrong one and I had a huge gap in my reading spree and it has meant that the hideous sentence 3 books behind schedule is appearing on my Goodreads. I am pretty sure I have mentioned before that I sometimes find the Goodreads goal a bit of a daunting one but it only really bothers me when I get behind. 

I had to pick myself up out of the slump and went for my tried and tested method. A good crime story found with a handy Kindle Daily deal. I also picked up I See You another crime story and my go to slump defeating author Diane Chamberlain. I finished the daily deal treat (The Girl Friend) really quickly and it was a good reminder of how much I love reading and the time out in gives me. I hate not reading and I genuinely think it puts me in a bit of a funk when I am not reading. I am now reading I See You and it is really clever and has me hooked which is just what I needed.  


Hopefully after that break I can reenter my bookstagramming and blogging ways as well as defeating that condescending Goodreads reminder! 


What are you ways of getting out of a reading slump?



Comments