My re-reading challenge!

I made the decision that although I was going to continue to do my annual read of Harry Potter I was going to try shake this up a bit by reading other books in between. This was in part because I evidently can not go a year without reading HP but I also didn't want to miss out on other books I could be reading.


It did meant I was slower reading them then I have ever been. I usually finish them within August but I didn't finish the final Harry Potter until 14th September. However, I am so thrilled that I have read them this way. Not only have a easily caught up with my Goodreads aim I have also found I have savoured the Harry Potter books more as I wasn't immediately going from book to book.

I managed to read the following books starting on the 31st July (Happy Birthday HP)
  1. HP1
  2. Moorise by Sarah Crossan (ARC edition)
  3. HP2
  4. Roar by Cora Carmack
  5. HP3
  6. Crash and Burn Lisa Gardner
  7. HP4
  8. The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern
  9. HP5
  10. Frostblood by Elly Blake
  11. HP6
  12. Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foddy
  13. HP7
  14. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
I had a moment of serious indecision at the end of Half Blood Prince as the day I finished it Tower of Dawn arrived but I felt reading a 600 page book in between two equally as long books was a tall order. Especially as I wanted to get into The Deathly Hallows. I decided I had to read at least 7 books if I was going to re-read the series yet again and I successfully read 14 books in less then two months which considering I had been seriously lagging with my reading was just the reading burst I needed.

I am thinking of doing this whenever I want to re-read a series. It forced me to choose books rapidly as I didn't want to faff about deciding on a book and delay the Harry Potter story even longer. I am already looking forward to re-reading them in the same fashion next year, especially as hopefully I will have got my hands on the illustrated edition of Prisoner of Azkaban that is out imminently!




Comments