March Wrap Up

As perusal I was ever so ambitious and as perusal I didn't quite reach the dizzying heights of books read I had aimed to. I managed 6 which I am pretty chuffed with considering I had only read 2 by the 17th March.I stared off strong reading two books in quick succession but a family wedding, an awesome trip to Disneyland Paris and the like slowed me down somewhat.



Heartless by Marissa Meryer

I enjoyed it but wanted it to be darker and more sinister then it was. I found it a bit fluffy and lacking in places it could have excelled. However, it was intriguing and I loved getting to be in Wonderland again.

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

I was gone. No word of lie I let this book drag me in and I read it in a day. I loved the writing style, the premise and the pace. Wonderfully written with a great storyline. Slight disappointed by the ending but at least I know she's writing a follow up.

A Gathering of Shadows by V.E.Schwab

I stared reading this on the way to Disneyland and finished it on the way back (I did have a reading break whilst there) I loved this second instalment but found it didn't have as strong a story line as the first. I still think Schwab is a ridiculously talented author and she really does weave incredible fantasy.

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schawb

Need to know kind of read. I daren't read anything after book two other than book three in case I missed something. I much preferred this final instalment to book two and although I was disappointed not to learn more about Kell and Lila's origins I liked the direction the story took. It was clever and pacey especially considering the size of the book.

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Chucked this in for a bit of change. I have read a few John Greens and have found it is a bit of a marmite genre and author .Unfortunately Looking For Alaska had the same issues as Paper Towns I couldn't stand the female lead and therefore had zero empathy. Furthermore I felt a bit of this story was implausible and made for a bit of trippy read.

Perfect by Cecilia Ahern

Wow! I got an ARC of this and was chuffed as I loved the first instalment of the duology. I like the way Ahern seamlessly goes into YA fiction. I wrote a full review of this book earlier this month.

I was so close to 7 books this month but unfortunately Empress of a Thousand Skies snuck into April's reads. I haven't piled up April's planned reads to see if maybe I read better without the TBR threat!



Comments