Fairy Loot Unboxing - February 2017

I think it is fair to say that I was so utterly over the moon excited to finally get a fairy loot box in February that I forgot to do a detailed unboxing of it on the blog and fell into my old habits of posting continual review posts…old habits die hard on all that.
So rather than ignore my first box (considering I already have my second and towards the end of April my first I am just going to accept that my posting is out of sink).
I took the plunge and got the box having deeply regretted not getting the January box (Caraval themed – weeps into book). The box arrived in really quick time literally the day after my shipping notification it materialised. I have said before but I chose FairyLoot as my book crate for two main reasons. 1) its young adult fantasy which is right up my street and 2) it shipping is a lovely figure of just over £3 instead of attempting to ship another from the US for crazy money. I am so glad I took the decision to get it. I have loved the excitement of wondering what the book might be, getting the bookish items and taking many nerdy shots of the constant for my Instagram account.

I loved the items that came in the box and now I have finished almost finished the library transformation I am loving displaying them. Now I had already seen and binged watch a load of youtube unboxings so I knew not to look at the back of the artwork card as I really didn’t want any spoilers. I really love the artwork in each box and will hopefully be finding a way of displaying these in the new library.





Kalusian Sunset Candle by Happy Piranha

The first item I pulled out was the deliciously smelling Kalusian Sunset candle. Now until I read the information I wasn’t quite sure what book reference this was but of course I now know it is from Empress of a Thousand Skies. I am a reluctant candle lighter but I am sure I will cave and light this one soon.

Celestial Gun Poweder Bath Bomb by Bathing Beauties.

This bath bomb smelt practically edible. I am a sucker for any bath bombs so this has already disappeared and was really lovely. This item was created exclusively for FairyLoot.

Baby Groot Funko Pop Keyring

The following item literally was one of my husband’s favourites and I had to do my utmost to stop him pinching it. I love this item as I am a big fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy and who doesn’t love baby Groot. This item definitely helped me feel the cost of the box was really reasonable.

I’ve not read Jay Kristoff’s Illumnaie series but this coaster is beautifully designed and I love the quote. Makes me intrigued to read this series. T. This has found a home on our living room sideboard – much needed as I am constantly leaving my cups of tea scattered over the house.

Space Girl Book Mark by Till and Dill

A really funky space girl bookmark that was a really beautiful design. I think it is safe to say no bookworm can have enough bookmarks.


Throne of Glass Print by Taratjah

It was with glee I found the print of Manon and Dorian. I was thrilled with this item as Manon is one of my favourite characters in the Throne of Glass series and it was nice to have recognised her straight away. I did see the Dorian side first and I was not sure who it was until I flipped the book over. I have framed this in a glass frame so I can keep changing over who I want to display. 


Rebel of the Sands Canvas Pouch by Alisse Courter

The next item was another one of my favourites in the form of this lovely canvas pouch with a great quote from The Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. I loved this book which definitely helps you to love the item. I haven’t quite decided if I am going to use it or display it on the new library shelves – tough choices!

Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza

The book for February I finished at the start of the month. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza. I had this on my list to read in March but did not quite finish in time. I really enjoyed trying to read something that I would never have picked up in the first place. I did find the story a little disjointed but overall it was a good read. One thing I can not rave enough about is the way FairyLoot package their books. I love the bag and it has become a useful little way of travelling my books to work etc without the risk of them getting damaged. I am pleased I will rack up a fair few of these with my next few boxes. 

There were the usual Fairyloot newsletter, the Q+A with the author and the letter and also a sample of a book called The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily BarrI am yet to use the exclusive discount code for the MyBookmark company but I actually will do as the designs are gorgeous and look amazing.






Comments