Reading roulette

At the moment I am in a phase of playing reading roulette. I have so many books I can choose to read and I seem to be picking out my equivalent of the coffee flavoured revel most of the time. Take a look at this video for a visual of that analogy Revel Roulette . I just keep picking books that are not my cup if tea.

Therefore I have not been blogging as unfortunately not all of them are going to be positive. It's not that the books I have been reading are bad. They just are not my kind of books. My challenge to read different authors means I am out of my comfort zone in terms of exploring new styles of writing and new genres. This has been both good and bad.

It is not just the books by new authors I am struggling with. Thinking I needed to read something I would devour I read a book by a known author I had enjoyed in the past. Needless to say I was not hooked. I waded through what was a relatively short book in over a week. It didn't grip me the way I am so desperately wanting. This weekend I am attempting to read a book I have been thinking about reading for a while as it appeared on the Carnegie long list, Breathe by Sarah Crossan.  Hopefully it entertains me in a way I am so in need of in my reading time at the moment. I hate the idea of filling this blog with 1 star and 2 star reviews so I am holding off posting these consecutively.

I guess what I am trying to say is I am in a reading rut. Yes I am reading but I have not picked up many books this year that I am super enthusiastic about. Hopefully with Carnegie just around the corner I will find some brilliant young adult fiction to enthuse about. If any readers know of books they think I should try please post in a comment.


Comments