Naturally does it!

Today was my first day back at work. It was a struggle getting up this morning as it was so early and so dark but I made it. The day actually went very fast and was just as enjoyable as I expected.

Today I have been thinking of money saving ideas. I downloaded, for free, several apps on my ipod to keep an eye on how much we are spending. I am try to help us curb our spending so we can up how much we are saving with the hopes of sometime in the foreseeable future being able to buy a house.

One of the ideas I had to save money was to do with my hair. I have been dying my hair since I was a little girl. My mum as a treat dyed my hair semi permanent a warm mahogany colour.  I was the tender age of 7. Obviously I could have grown this out. However, I didn't I just kept persuading my mum to dye my hair  a variety of colours. Sometimes I just dyed it for fancy dress.

I was about 10 when I decided I wanted to be blonde. This meant a switch from semi permanent to permanent hair dye and to be honest I have never stopped. Whether it was blonde, brown, black and even a odd orange colour at uni I have always dyed my hair. It means my hair is not very strong or healthy it is on the whole pretty dry.  There have been a few times over the last few years I have contemplated growing my dye out. The main reason has been wanting to be natural to help my hair recover or to change. I get bored and restless quite easily with my hair.

However, looking at our accounts at the start of this year woke me up to the fact I have been spending over a few 100 pounds a year! This makes me feel pretty cross as its just hair and that's a lot of money just on me. If I add up the cost of dying my hair since I started paying (13) then I have spent a whopping 3000 on my hair and that's if the cost of all the appointments was all the same amount. This would pay for one year of my masters or go towards our future. If I keep dying my hair I imagine the cost will get more expensive and I could double this figure in less then 10 years.

So now I have to make a tough decision. Do I commit to going dye free for 2013. Returning to the hair colour God intended me to have and save myself a good amount of time and money over the next year. I think its worth a try but I am so nervous!

Anyone else out there grown out a life long habit of hair dye? How did you find it?

I feel pretty confident this is a good decision and if I do it I might post some photos of the journey!
If only there was a quick fix!

Some photos of previous hair changes!






Janathon went well today yesterday I did 4 miles and really enjoyed it! However today I woke up with a really sore throat and felt rough so unfortunately no run today gutted!

Currently Reading: Life of Pi by Yann Martel 















Comments