NLPN Event

My blogging plan has not worked out quite as smoothly as I had hoped. To be honest I think I have to do something drastic now to sort out my prioritising and focus! So I have decided to stay at the school doing my work before I go home. This will mean I am home a lot later but should in theory mean I get a lot more done before I even step through the door.
This should have been Monday’s blogs and I almost posted it on Tuesday but here I am on Wednesday and I feel I could end up posting 2 blogs! I promise not to overload you but feel I need to catch myself up a bit.
So below is my mini review of the NLPN professional’s day that I went to on the 10th November. Enjoy!

On 10th November I went to my first ever librarian gathering. Needles to say I was pretty excited.

My excitement was not misplaced. I finally got to meet some people from my course, some other librarians and the first graduate trainee at my school Penelope. Just this alone made it a great day for me but then you include the excellent speakers and how much I learnt and it was just a really well thought out and put together event.

For me the informal setting and delivery made sure I didn't begrudge giving up my Saturday and the relevant content and 'interactivity' meant I didn't get bored at any point.
The social media information was so helpful for my current coursework that I felt the penny dropping for the direction to take some of my assignments which was excellent. There were so many examples and ideas given that I am sure as my career progresses I will be using these in my work.

For me as a newbie to the profession it was just wonderful to hear other people's experiences and encouraging to see so many people that enjoy their jobs.
Unfortunately I couldn't go to the social afterwards which I really would have liked so next time I will make sure I can just to get more involved.

I will definitely be at the next event and hopefully keeping in touch with my new librarian friends


To find out more follow them on Twitter or visit the blog 
Manchester NLPN












Currently Reading: Eldest by Christopher Paolini

Comments