Up and running!

It’s been a while since I blogged, unfortunately I have been crazy busy and despite the home management folder I am still fathoming out how to balance everything.
I have had a few hectic weeks but I am finally getting the hang of everything so I hope this week can be a bit more organised!
Although the last few weeks have been super busy I have really been enjoying both the job and the degree. Both are challenging in different ways and I am learning a lot.  I cannot really believe I have been working in the school for a whole month. One month in the call centre felt like forever so it’s a bit surreal feeling time fly for once!
Other than studying and library life I have recently joined a local running club.  I have been running for the past 2 years on and off training for various events and just generally for my fitness. Earlier this year I signed up for a half marathon with my super keen running friend Sarah. As the date approaches (2 weeks to go) I am getting more apprehensive and was struggling to motivate myself and so I joined the local club.
In all honesty I do not know why I did not join sooner. Having other people around you whilst you run is so motivating and much safer (much to my husband’s and mum’s relief) it’s also great for improving. The leaders of the group are so encouraging and have really got me back into enjoying going out for a run.  It’s added a new structure to my running schedule which means I am much more likely to get out and go as I know people are waiting for me.
Running for me really is escapism, you can’t do any of the jobs on your to do list while you are out there. For me this is such a good thing. I have planned my work into such a routine but sometimes I can still find it difficult to stop and rest. A good run forces me to step away from the text books and by the time I am back in I have got out of the work mind-set and this allows me to have a bit of down time.  
I am hoping that after I complete the half marathon I will be able to improve my speed through working with those in the club.
If you have not tried running or are a runner but run continually alone I’d really encourage you to join a club in your area. I am really enjoying it!
Currently reading: Magyk By Angie Sage (recommended by the students)

Comments

  1. mate - well impressed at your multitasking/organisational, exercising, goddess-like structure. Not going to lie, feel I probably should think about something similar but organising has never been one of my strong points.
    Glad the job and course are going ok so far and all the best for the half marathon. Big love. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment