Display Queen

Having worked in the Library now for over a month I felt it was time to show everyone so of the fruits of my labour!
Due to the fact that a lot of the work I do takes place at a desk and with students I can not show you much but I can show you the creative side of my job in the form of...

Displays!


As I am working in a school library displays are quite a high priority. The library is there to inform students of upcoming dates, events and to keep the library looking appealing! Events are a great opportunity to run library competitions and to encourage reading!

I have found that I have quite a natural flair for displays. I do enjoy scrap-booking and craft so I do think that must have helped. It is also a lot easier as I essentially get free reign with my displays.  Below is a list of the displays and book displays I have created so far.

I am most pleased with my Never Judge a Book by its Movie display. I am always surprised when people do not realise what movies are actually based on books. Its been really fun watching kids take books from the display and its definitely worked in getting them to read some different books ( I can not help myself but to encourage more science fantasy reading)

Displays I have created so far...
  • Roald Dahl Day
  • Spooky Stories
  • The Hobbit anniversary
  • National Poetry Day
  • Black History Month
  • Never Judge a Book by its Movie
  • Roald Dahl Day Funny Prize



As you can see I am still enjoying the job!

 Currently Reading: Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Comments