A Disneyland Adventure

So I am going to indulge a little and stray away from my usual obsession of books and the like to my other love of Disney. After many years of wishing to go to Disneyland Paris everything fell into place this year which meant Kev and I got to go for 3 days whilst my sister and brother in law were also there.

Well needless to say it was amazing. We chose to leave our little girl with her grandparents rather than deal with the unknown of taking her on a plane, the buggy around Disney and just selfishly wanting to experience the park for the first time as just the two of us. I am so glad we made that choice. She was absolutely over the moon to be with Grandad and Grandma and we enjoyed getting to actually go on the rollercoasters together rather than the slightly less exciting experience of using parent queue share.

It was more than I had expected and was magical in a way I do not think I had really understood. This was made all the more special by having 3 days being Kev and Lydia as opposed to Mummy and Daddy. I can’t lie I did miss her something awful and we had to stop ourselves talking solely about her on several occasions. Yet I feel we made the most of the adventure. Kev is currently suffering the Disney blues and I keep debating if I turn up to places in my Minnie Mouse ears is that considered acceptable.
I would definitely recommend going especially if you can go like us with people who have been before. I doubt we would have experienced so much of what Disney had to offer without Dexter and Laura, who Disney is most definitely their second home. We barely queued, watched many of the shows and even managed to do some of the big rides more than once. I surprised myself by braving the scary ones and actually enjoyed The Hollywood Tower Hotel the most – although the build-up in the queue made me feel sick with nerves.

We were fortunate enough to go just before the 25th anniversary officially starts and so we got to see a lot of the stuff being put up including the many blue dressed versions of Tinkerbell that I could not help but keep photographing. We also lucked out a bit as a meal plan was included in our trip and I must admit I will not go again without one. They were brilliant and meant we got a decent amount of food without having to fork out any more money. Without them, I am pretty sure we’d have been sharing food for most of the trip.

It was a whirlwind stop but amazing and I can not wait to do it again this time with our little girl who I know will be in awe the whole time.



*I read on the plane too and from Disney (much to Kev’s joy). I really enjoyed delving into Kell and Lila’s world again. 

Comments